N.M. Hip-implant Claims Eligible for $3 Billion Settlement Fund
David M. Houliston of Will Ferguson & Associates in Albuquerque, N.M., is accepting cases on behalf of people injured by defective hip implants recalled as dangerous from the U.S. market.
Houliston, a Martindale Hubbell AV-rated attorney with New Mexico’s largest personal-injury law firm, will participate in several of the largest defective-implant cases, one of which has a $3 billion settlement fund set aside to benefit at least 12,000 people.
Metal-ImplantTens of thousands of other Americans have defective “metal-on-metal” implants in their bodies made by five other medical-device manufacturers. “Some of these implants were known by the companies to be defective when they were rushed onto the market,” Houliston said.
“An inescapable conclusion is that the manufacturers weighed up-front profits against the cost of future legal claims, and made a cold-blooded decision to treat the potential claims of the people they injured as a ‘cost of doing business,’” Houliston said.
“The sheer scale of the malfeasance and greed of these companies and the amount of harm they have visited upon so many people is hard to fathom,” Houliston said.
Houliston urged potential claimants to contact Will Ferguson & Associates for a free initial consultation to determine whether they have a legal claim. There is no obligation. The law firm’s number is 1-800-251-5566
Symptoms of a Defective Hip Implant
People with defective hip implants in their bodies have experienced some or all of the following symptoms:
- Pain or swelling in the thigh or groin
- A feeling of aching or “looseness” in their hip joint
- Loss of joint function
- Other complications include bone infections and fractures
- Leaching of poisonous heavy metals – chromium, cobalt and titanium – into soft tissues and the bloodstream, known as “metallosis.”
- Heart and kidney problems.
In the case of DuPuy Orthopaedics, Inc., a unit of Johnson & Johnson, 8,000 of 12,000 recipients of DuPuy’s ASR implant have been forced to undergo painful second surgeries to remove the company’s dangerous devices from their bodies. A $3 billion fund has been established by the company to pay their claims.
Will Ferguson & Associates has a reputation for standing up to large corporations that prey on the people of New Mexico in pursuit of profits. The law firm has the reputation, resources, experience and commitment to stand toe-to-toe against large corporations and their insurance companies.
Do You Have a Claim Over a Defective Hip Implant?
Here is a list of manufacturers whose defective hip implants have been voluntarily pulled from the market or recalled on orders of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. These companies have agreed to settlements or are in the preliminary stages of settling the claims of people who received their dangerous products:
- Stryker Corp.: The Rejuvenate and ABG II modular-neck stems, marketed between 2009 and 2012.
- Dupuy Orthopaedics, a unit of Johnson & Johnson: The ASR implant.
- Wright Medical Technology, Inc.: Thee Conserve and Profemur, that have led to lawsuits.
- Zimmer Holdings, Inc.: The Durom Cup, a cobalt and chromium alloy hip implant.
- Biomet: The m2a Magnum titanium and cobalt chromium alloy hip implant.
- Smith & Nephew of the United Kingdom: The R3 Acetabular hip implant, marketed starting in 2009 and recalled in 2012.
The Will Ferguson & Associates Law Firm, “AV” rated, or “pre-eminent in the specialized field of personal injury law by the national ratings firm Martindale Hubbell, represents people seriously injured by the negligence of others and the families of persons who die because of the negligence of others.
For more information, contact Will Ferguson & Associates, (505) 243-5566 or 1 (800) 251-5566. Will Ferguson & Associates maintains two offices in Albuquerque and an office in Carlsbad, N.M