Is Someone You Love a Victim of Nursing Home Abuse?
They Count on You. You Can Count on Will Ferguson & Associates
When Will Ferguson & Associates, the largest and most successful personal injury law firm in New Mexico, represents a victim of nursing abuse and neglect, we hire medical experts to find the proof necessary to demonstrate to a jury exactly how our client’s injury or wrongful death resulted from the negligence of a nursing home or assisted living facility.
What constitutes nursing home abuse?
It can be difficult to distinguish between care that meets professional standards and improper care that constitutes negligence. Only review by a medical expert, teamed up with an experienced law firm that has expertise in this specialized area of the law will enable a family to determine if there are grounds for a claim.
One sign that’s almost always an indicator of neglect: a bedsore. In its early stages, a bedsore is painful; if not treated promptly, it can become open to the bone and expose the patient to the risk of a serious infection.
If you find a bedsore, call us at (800) 251-5566 or email our offices in Albuquerque to arrange a free consultation.
Signs of neglect or abuse
Examples of incidents which can constitute abuse or neglect include:
- Patients dropped during bed and wheelchair transfers
- Residents who suffer slip or trip and fall injuries as a result of poor building maintenance or inappropriate clothing
- Residents or patients who fall out of bed where their falls could have been avoided by lowering the mattress closer to the floor or by using appropriate bed rails or restraints
- Patients who fall as a result of over-sedation
- Dehydration or malnutrition
- Fractures, bruises or untreated infections
- Failure to supervise patients who wander
- Elder abuse: including assault and exploitation by other residents or staff members
Our lawyers provide powerful legal representation to some of the most vulnerable members of our community. If you suspect abuse or neglect caused an injury to someone you care about, we encourage you to call us at (800) 251-5566 or email our office and arrange a free consultation with a lawyer. If we take the case, we will launch an immediate investigation. We charge no fees unless we recover compensation on our client’s behalf.
To visit all of the areas that Ferguson Law & Associates covers, click on this link practice areas
Serving clients throughout New Mexico, including the cities of Albuquerque, Los Alamos
Santa Fe, Taos, Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Roswell, Carlsbad, Gallup, Farmington
Raton, Shiprock, Aztec, Espanola, Deming, Las Vegas (NM), and Socorro