New Mexico’s Auto Accident Experts
It’s a sad fact that because of high speeds, driver fatigue and the sheer volume of heavy truck traffic on them, crashes on some of New Mexico’s major highways can have devastating consequences. Pedestrians and bicyclists can also be affected, and, far too frequently, they constitute of significant percentage of those injured on all types of roads. If you are searching for legal representation because you or a family member were involved in a crash and suffered a serious personal injury or wrongful death, the top-rated auto crash lawyers at Will Ferguson & Associates can help. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, we are here to represent you, and only you.
The Unfortunate Impact of Drunk Drivers
Here at Will Ferguson & Associates, we speak with an unfortunately large number of victims who have been hit by a drunk driver. Evidence to support your case does not last forever, so it is important that you act immediately when you or a family member has been involved in a drunk driving crashe. Meet with a DWI crash attorney at our firm and get started building your case today.
Some of New Mexico’s Most Dangerous Roads
High speeds, coupled with traffic back-ups at major cross street exits, create a dangerous mix that can lead to rear-end collisions and vehicle rollovers fraught with severe injuries. Some of the areas with the highest rate of crashes include:
- Santa Fe, where a large volume of auto traffic into and out of town along I-25 and U.S. 84/285 near Santa Fe can turn a morning commute into a crash nightmare. Interstate 25 near Santa Fe has been the scene of multiple fatalities involving wrong-way drunk drivers. The Santa Fe Bypass, N.M. Hwy. 599, has been the site of so many high-speed crashes that it led local authorities to modernize surface intersections to cut down on T-bone crashes.
- Carlsbad, where U.S. 285, U.S. 62 and U.S. 180 converge: the mix of local traffic with long-haul truck traffic being funneled through intersections in town has spawned serious auto and truck crashes with injuries.
- Santa Rosa, where cross-country tractor trailers and semi-trucks routinely top 85 miles an hour as they race across the western edge of the Great Plains, can wreak havoc on auto traffic on both sides of the interstate. There have been too many truck and auto collisions to count, some of which have been caused by truck driver fatigue and faulty equipment, including blowouts.
- Grants, along I-40, where crashes involving trucks that leave their lanes during the winding climb up and over the Continental Divide can wreak havoc on auto drivers and passengers.
- Gallup, where auto and truck crashes just east of the Arizona-New Mexico border have claimed multiple lives.
- Moriarty, the last rural truck stop area east of Albuquerque, where Interstate 40 intersects with N.M. Hwy. 68: this stretch of I-40 carries a mix of heavily loaded long-haul cross-country trucks, Albuquerque-bound auto traffic and rural farm traffic. There have been numerous fatal collisions in this area. The danger continues further west, as I-40 descends steeply through Tijeras Canyon into the Rio Grande Valley and into Albuquerque itself.
Insurance Companies and Accidents
Is an insurance company pressuring you to settle? As New Mexico’s most successful personal injury law firm, we know that resolving insurance disputes can be a complicated process. If you are not familiar with that process, you risk missing important deadlines, damaging your case through an innocent comment to an insurance adjuster, and overlooking important sources of compensation for your loss, among other things. The best course of action is to speak with one of our attorneys as soon as possible following a crash.
If you would like to speak with a member of our firm, call (800) 251-5566 or email our office and arrange a free consultation. If you are unable to travel, we will visit you in your home or at the hospital. If we take your case, we will launch an immediate investigation. We charge no fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
Was Your Accident Caused by a Drunk Driver?
Under the laws of New Mexico, it’s illegal to drive any motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving liability applies not only to car and truck crashes but also to crashes involving planes, golf carts, boats, buses, motorhomes, ATVs, and construction equipment. When investigating the circumstances leading to a car or truck crash, our lawyers and crash investigators stay alert for evidence of drug or alcohol abuse. If we discover that you, or a loved one, were the victim of a drunk driver, it’s our mission to see you recover maximum compensation from any and all potentially responsible parties. For example, a dram shop claim is a lawsuit filed against a bar, restaurant or airline that was negligent when it served liquor.
How We Can Help
As your counsel, it’s our goal to identify all sources of compensation for your medical expenses and damages. You may be entitled to compensation from the uninsured motorist and under-insured motorist provisions in your automobile policy. If your injury was the result of a construction crash you may have additional product liability or premises liability claims. If a big-rig truck, tractor-trailer, or semi-truck was involved in your crash, errors such as driver fatigue, lack of experience, or poor training and supervision by the trucking company may have played a role.
Our job is to handle financial and legal issues for our clients, so they can focus on healing.
If you’re undergoing long and difficult medical treatments, watching bills pile up as your income dwindles, our top-rated New Mexico personal injury lawyers can help. With more than 30 years of experience litigating cases involving motor vehicle crashes, we are prepared to handle the most challenging cases across New Mexico, including those involving crashes on some of the most dangerous stretches of highway in the state.
Helping Victims of Devastating Truck Accidents
Truck crashes cause serious damage, expense, and injury to those involved. An unfortunate number of these cases involve drivers and trucking companies that are not operating within their legal parameters, and our law firm specializes in holding responsible parties liable. Contact a truck crash lawyer here at Will Ferguson & Associates to seek justice and ample compensation following these tragic crashes.
Preserve Your Legal Rights as Soon as Possible
Talk to a personal injury attorney at no cost following a truck, motorcycle or car crash. It is important to take early measures to see that you recover all insurance benefits and any other compensation you may be entitled to. If you would like to discuss your case with an attorney at our firm, reach out to our Albuquerque office to arrange a free consultation and case review. When you call, there is no obligation; a lawyer with relevant experience will explain your legal position and options. At Will Ferguson & Associates, our job is to handle financial and legal issues for our clients, allowing them to focus on healing.