It's a sad fact that because of high speeds, driver fatigue and the volume of heavy truck traffic on them, accidents on some of New Mexico's major highways can have devastating consequences. Pedestrians and bicyclists can also be affected, and are too frequently injured on all types of roads. If you're searching for legal representation because you or a member of your family were involved in a serious accident and suffered a serious personal injury or wrongful death, the top-rated auto accident lawyers at Will Ferguson & Associates in Albuquerque, NM, can help. We represent you, and only you.
The Unfortunate Impact of Drunk Drivers
Here at Will Ferguson & Associates, we speak with an unfortunately large number of victims after they have been hit by a drunk driver. Evidence to support your case does not last forever, so it is important that you act immediately when you or a family member has been involved in one of these accidents. Meet with a DWI accident attorney at our firm and get started building your case today.See More Videos From Our Firm
Some of New Mexico's Most Dangerous Roads
High speeds, coupled with traffic back-ups at major cross street exits, are a dangerous mix that lead to rear-end collisions and vehicle rollovers fraught with possible severe injuries. Some of the areas with the highest rate of accidents include:
- Santa Fe, where a large volume of auto traffic into and out of town along I-25 and U.S. 84/285 near Santa Fe can turn a morning commute into an accident nightmare. Interstate 25 near Santa Fe has been the scene of multiple fatalities involving wrong-way drunk drivers. The Santa Fe Bypass, N.M. Hwy. 599, has been the site of high-speed crashes that have led local authorities to modernize surface intersections to cut down on T-bone accidents.
- Carlsbad, where U.S. 285, U.S. 62 and U.S. 180 converge in town. The mix of local traffic with long-haul truck traffic being funneled through intersections in town has spawned serious auto and truck accidents with injuries.
- Santa Rosa, where cross-country semi-tractor tailer trucks can routinely top 85 miles an hour as they race across the western edge of the Great Plains, can wreak havoc on auto traffic on both sides of the interstate. There have been too many truck and auto collisions to count, some of which have been caused by truck driver fatigue and faulty equipment, including blowouts.
- Grants along I-40, where accidents involving trucks that leave their lanes during the winding climb up and over the Continental Divide can do devastation to auto drivers and passengers.
- Gallup, where auto and truck crashes just east of the Arizona-New Mexico border have claimed multiple lives.
- Moriarty, the last rural truck stop area east of Albuquerque, where Interstate 40 intersects with N.M. Hwy. 68. This stretch of I-40 carries a mix of heavily loaded long-haul cross-country trucks, Albuquerque-bound auto traffic and rural farm traffic. There have been numerous fatal collisions in this area. The danger continues west as I-40 descends steeply through Tiijeras Canyon into the Rio Grande Valley and into Albuquerque itself.
Insurance Companies and Accidents
Is an insurance company pressuring you to settle? As New Mexico's most successful personal injury law firm, we know that resolving insurance issues is a complicated process. If you are not familiar with the process, you risk missing important deadlines, damaging your case with an innocent comment to an insurance adjuster, or failing to identify a source of compensation for your loss. The best course of action is to involve one of our attorneys as soon as possible following an accident.
Was Your Accident Caused by a Drunk Driver?
Under the laws of New Mexico, it's illegal to drive any motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drunk driving liability applies not only to car accidents and truck crashes but also to accidents involving planes, golf carts, boats, buses, motorhomes, ATVs and construction equipment. When investigating the circumstances leading to a car or truck accident, our lawyers and accident investigators stay alert for evidence of drug or alcohol abuse. If we discover that you or a loved one were the victim of a drunk driver, it's our mission to see you recover maximum compensation. For example, a dram shop claim is a lawsuit filed against a bar, restaurant or airline that was negligent when it served liquor.
How We Can Help
As your counsel, it's our goal to identify all sources of compensation for your medical expenses. You may be entitled to compensation from the uninsured motorists and under-insured motorist provisions in your automobile policy. If your injury was the result of a construction accident you may have additional product liability or premises liability claim. If a big-rig truck or semi-tractor trailer truck involved in your accident, many times errors can be traced to driver fatigue, lack of experience or poor training and supervision by the trucking company.
Our job is to handle financial and legal issues for our clients, allowing them to focus on healing.
If you're undergoing long and difficult medical treatments and bills are piling up while your income dwindles, our top-rated New Mexico personal injury lawyers can help. With more than 30 years of experience litigating cases involving motor vehicle accidents, we are prepared to handle the most challenging cases across New Mexico, including some of the most dangerous stretches of highway in the state.
Helping Victims of Devastating Truck Accidents
Truck accidents cause serious damage, expense, and injury to those involved. An unfortunate number of these cases involve drivers and trucking companies that are not operating within their legal parameters, and our law firm specializes in holding responsible parties liable. Contact a truck accident lawyer here at Will Ferguson & Associates to seek justice and ample compensation following these tragic accidents.
Preserve Your Legal Rights as Soon as Possible
Talk to a personal injury attorney at no cost following a truck, motorcycle or car accident, it is important to take early measures to see that you recover all insurance benefits and other compensation you are entitled to. If you would like to discuss your case with an attorney with our firm, reach out to our Albuquerque office to arrange a free consultation and case review. When you call, there is no obligation. At Will Ferguson & Associates, our job is to handle financial and legal issues for our clients, allowing them to focus on healing. A lawyer with relevant experience will explain your legal position and your options.