Attorneys Who Can Reclaim Compensation for Your Work Injury
Will Ferguson & Associates: Pros at Stopping the Insurance Denial Con
If you were injured while on the job in New Mexico, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. You may also be entitled to additional benefits through a personal injury claim if your workplace accident was a result of negligence by your employer, a contractor, a subcontractor, a vendor or an equipment manufacturer. If you are getting benefits, but they’re not enough to cover your medical bills or living expenses, our attorneys at Will Ferguson & Associates may be able to help you recover additional compensation for a work injury through a third-party workplace accident claim.
What is a Third-party Claim?
- Product liability: Unsafe scaffolding, broken ladders, electrical outlets, unsafe chemicals or a poorly designed office chair can cause a product liability claim. Such claims can also involve malfunctioning workplace tools, including drills, nail guns, and saws.
- Auto accidents: When you’re injured while driving on the job, a vehicle or truck accident can lead to a workplace accident claim. Any salesperson, delivery person, or other employee required to drive as part of their job may file such a claim.
- Premises liability: When poorly maintained property causes your injury, a premises liability claim may be filed. Someone injured because of a broken walkway, slippery floor, or falling debris may file such a claim.
- Construction accidents: Even when all precautions are taken to ensure the safety of construction workers, unsafe conditions such as loose scaffolding or malfunctioning equipment can cause serious injury.
- Insurance bad faith: When an insurance company ignores claims, refuses to pay or doesn’t pay in full when coverage was in place, the law recognizes such bad conduct as insurance bad faith. If you are being pressured by an insurance company or know the insurance company is operating in bad faith, then contact one of our insurance bad faith attorneys today and get what you really deserve.
- Oilfield Accidents: Work on, in, and around oil rigs is rough, strenuous, and dangerous, but contractors, vendors, hotshot truckers, and suppliers of everything from pipe to drilling mud have an obligation to make sure the oilfield or gas field worksite is as safe as it can be. Individuals seriously injured in oilfield accidents may have claims beyond workers’ compensation.
Have you been dealing with an insurance company because you have been in an accident? Are they pressuring you to sign whatever they offer to finish or close your claim? Is their offer fair? They may not be. If you are being pressured by an insurance company or think your insurance company is operating in bad faith, contact one of our insurance bad faith attorneys today and get what you really deserve.
Call a Lawyer Today for a Free Consultation on Your Case
Job safety is everyone’s responsibility, but accident prevention and eliminating the risk of injury to employees should begin with the employer, contractors, subcontractors, and vendors associated with a job site. If you are injured on the job, it is extremely important to file third-party workplace accident claim in a timely manner. If you would like to speak with a member of our firm, contact our office today to arrange a free consultation.
Serving clients throughout New Mexico, including the cities of Albuquerque, Los Alamos, Santa Fe, Taos, Las Cruces, Alamogordo, Roswell, Carlsbad, Gallup, Farmington, Raton, Shiprock, Aztec, Espanola, Deming, Las Vegas (NM), and Socorro